Wednesday, April 15, 2009

What we know as of right now....

not much. That's right we finally talked with Dr. Bob last night about 45 minutes after he said he'd call. I don't feel like we got very far though. Here is what he said. Micah needs to have this mass removed and he needs to have it done within the next two weeks (ok so I already knew this part), he needed/wanted to talk to a few more people about what they thought about the mass, removing it, and Micah's breathing issues. Some people/dr's are saying that it's not a good risk to take and some are saying it is. What we know is if they don't remove the mass it could continue to grow and block off air flow, it could spread, or it could shrink. Since we have no idea what it is going to do it is best to remove it. Dr. Bob was supposed to get back to us today about what the surgeons said but of course he never called so I am still waiting. (oh this is the story of my life!!!! waiting waiting waiting!)

Today we met with Dr. H at Children's hospital. He is a surgeon there. We wanted a second opinion and we felt like this would be a good place to start. Well i am more confused now than I was going into the meeting. Dr. H looked at Micah's CT scans and said that the mass is on the "outside" of the lung while Dr. Bob (Micah's oncologist) said it is on the inside of the lung. Dr. Bob says the mass needs to be removed in the next two weeks, Dr. H said he didn't think it was that urgent to remove it so quickly but it should be removed. Dr. H was going to call all of Micah's Dr.'s (let's see there is Dr. S, Dr.I, Dr.B and a few others), he was going to call me back today if he could get ahold of them all but I guess he didn't get ahold of them because I never heard back from him. He was also going to have the radiologist at Children's look at the CT scan to see what they had to say. Dr. H is also pointing his finger at neuroblastoma as the culprit of this mass. Dr. H also feels as though the mass isn't what is causing Micah to have the breathing issues while sleeping so we have gotten no where with this.

How am I feeling? CONFUSED and FRUSTRATED!!!!!!!!! I just want the dr's to all say the same thing, I want them to work together and come back to me and let me know what we are to do next. I want my little boy to be healthy. I am tired of waiting, I am tired of dr's not calling me back when they say they will. I am ready for this nightmare to be over.

Hopefully I will have more to update tomorrow. Again if you've called me and I haven't called back I apologize. I hope to get to everyone as soon as possible.

Thank you so much for all your prayers!! Please keep them coming we need as many as possible, we would LOVE a miracle, and i know our God does them, we are praying for one!!!!



No comments: