Monday, December 31, 2007

Chirstmas 2007

I have a few minutes to write while Noah rest peacefully in his swing (which by the way he has almost grown out of!).
We had a very busy Christmas. We first went to visit Grandma and Grandpa Morton in Iowa. We spent the Wednesday before Christmas up until Christmas Eve at their house. It was a lot of fun. We got to see Uncle Jeff and Aunt Ida and their two girls Maddie and Grace, they all loved meeting their new cousin. Eventually the whole family showed up and we were able to spend December 23rd all together just opening presents and spending time with each other. It was a lot of fun. Noah got some really cool gifts that make lots of noise! Unfortunately though he slept through all the excitement. (maybe this was a good thing!) Seth and I also got really awesome gifts, some nice clothes and Seth got a flash light that he can wear on his head...he is really excited about this and made us go out and buy batteries for it yesterday!

On Christmas Eve we drove to Wisconsin to be with Grandma and Grandpa Flick and family. We made it there in just enough time to see Noah's cousin Lexi play Mary in the Christmas program at church. We then went to great grandma and grandpa Flicks and spent time being passed around (Noah) from one person to the next! He wasn't so sure he liked this and eventually mommy took him back and he fell right to sleep in her arms! I think it was all a little bit overwhelming for a little guy!

We opened presents at grandma and grandpa Flicks house that night also...and again Noah slept through it all. :o) But yet again he got some really cool presents as did mom and dad! :o)

We had a lot of fun spending time with family but are happy to finally be home. We just returned home of Friday (December 28Th). It was a nice trip but a little long. Noah is just now getting back on schedule.

Unfortunately along with Christmas we received some bad news yesterday. Seth's cousin Jake passed away on Saturday afternoon. He was in a coma, he's been in the hospital for sometime and it was expected but nobody knew when it was going to happen. Everyone is grateful for the 21 years they got to spend with Jake (he had a congenital disorder), and we all are comforted knowing that Jake knows Jesus and was baptized and is in a much better place now! We are trying to figure out if we will be able to return to Wisconsin for the funeral. We are just waiting on work to when it will be.

My mom also has been going through some rough times physically. Currently my mom and dad are in Minnesota at the Mayo Clinic attempting to get results of test that were run last week. Please keep them in your prayers. We pray that the Dr's have some answers for her soon so that she can work out a plan of action. :o)
God's Blessings
PS. Noah is now 2 months 3 weeks and 5 days old. Wow!!!!!!! He's growing so fast! Seth measured him the other day and he was 26 in long and we are assuming he is now well over 15lbs!

No comments: